There are some requirements you must possess in accordance with 14 CFR 61.103.
• Be at least 17 years of age at the time of your practical and oral exam (16 years old to solo)
• Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
• Pass the required knowledge test
• Receive training and logbook endorsement from an authorized instructor
• Meet the aeronautical experience requirements of this part that apply to the aircraft rating being sought before applying for the practical
• Pass the practical test on the areas of operation listed
• Comply with appropriate sections of this part that apply to the aircraft category and class rating sought