Become a Certified Flight Instructor
It is said that the best way to master a subject is to teach it! At Classic Air Aviation we offer courses that pave the way towards becoming an expert in the field of aviation. The benefits of becoming a flight instructor include depth of experience and the incrementing of critical flight hours through our Arizona flight school programs.
There are some requirements you must possess in accordance with 14 CFR 61.183. The requirements are as follow:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language. If the applicant is unable to meet one of these requirements due to medical reasons, then the Administrator may place such operating limitations on that applicant’s flight instructor certificate as are necessary;
- Hold either a commercial pilot certificate or airline transport pilot certificate with:
- An aircraft category and class rating that is appropriate to the flight instructor rating sought; and
- An instrument rating, or privileges on that person’s pilot certificate that are appropriate to the flight instructor rating sought